The Witch's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
★We wish you all the best in upcoming year.

The Ghost Road in Texas HAUNTED

2 posters

descriptionThe Ghost Road in Texas HAUNTED EmptyThe Ghost Road in Texas HAUNTED by Astral

The Ghost Road in Texas HAUNTED Bragg-Road-Saratoga
The Bragg Road is the most haunted road in Saratoga, Texas. It is said that mysterious ghost lights haunt this road, therefore, it is also called The Ghost Road. In 1092, the Big Thicket forest was opened to a railroad, and a daily Saratoga train travels to Beaumont every day while carrying wood, animals (cattle), people, and various oils.

As people travel the road more, the tales of the ghost lights have increased during the 1940s, 50s, and 60s. A few excuses or explanations of these lights have been brought upon by scientists and other people who believed that it was either car lights or a gas chemical that might have been what the travelers were seeing.

There are many stories as to why people see these lights as it could be the ghost of a man who was shot during a Burnout later in history, or it could be a burning fire that was never put out. It could also be the ghost of a man, perhaps his lantern, who was decapitated by a train while the railroad was still in it's place and doing it's daily routes. The light could be the body of this man who is still looking for his head but never found it as his head was never found.

There is another story about a man who went into the Big Thicket forest but was never found as he is still in that forest,  searching for his way out. That was many, many years ago as well. And all these bodies still haunt the Bragg Road.

There is also another story that was told along with the others. There is a married man who took his bride into a hotel, however, his bride was mysteriously murdered and the body of the man is still looking for the one who murdered his bride. These all would give you chills. 

Location of the road instructions: "take U.S. 69 at Kountze to FM 326, from there take the turn onto FM 770 which will take you directly to Saratoga. Go through Saratoga and at a right on FM 787 turn, the Ghost Road is not far from the beaten path." - Instructions copied from this article --> Bragg Road - The Ghost Road of Hardin County (Site name: truehorrorstoriesoftexas.com)

If you would like to read more, here is the source:

https://truehorrorstoriesoftexas.com/bragg-road-the-ghost-road-of-hardin-county-tx/
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

descriptionThe Ghost Road in Texas HAUNTED EmptyRe: The Ghost Road in Texas HAUNTED by Zotron

Whoa! That is some creepy stuff. Like the guy that got decapitated and is looking for his head. Or the guy in the Big Thicket trying to find his way out. I know where that is but I've never seen it. If I ever travel to Bragg Road I'll make sure to get there before it gets dark.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionThe Ghost Road in Texas HAUNTED EmptyRe: The Ghost Road in Texas HAUNTED by Astral

If you ever decide to go there, let us know if you ever seen any lights. Honestly, if you want a full haunted experience, you should go during the night so you can see the bright lights if they appear. It might be scarier but it is when most of the haunting take place.
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

descriptionThe Ghost Road in Texas HAUNTED EmptyRe: The Ghost Road in Texas HAUNTED by Zotron

I don't have much of a Texan accent, (as far as I  know) so you'll have to imagine this in "Texan".
If I go, I'm gittin' a shotgun first.

Last edited by Zotron on Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionThe Ghost Road in Texas HAUNTED EmptyRe: The Ghost Road in Texas HAUNTED by Astral

Haha. Well, if you go, then good luck on any paranormal events that may occur. At least we know that no spirit or bright light has a chance against the man with a shotgun. Laughing
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

*Texas accent again*
I hope th' hell not.

I mean, look at that picture. Can you imagine parking there and then the car won't start? I'd be as white as a ghost myself. Cold
Hey, if some headless freak comes stumbling down the road towards me, he's gonna be looking for more than his head. Haha.
Zotron

Zotron
Advanced

Male

descriptionThe Ghost Road in Texas HAUNTED EmptyRe: The Ghost Road in Texas HAUNTED by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum