The Witch's Circle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year!
★We wish you all the best in upcoming year.

Facial Beauty Hacks

descriptionFacial Beauty Hacks EmptyFacial Beauty Hacks by Astral

These simple recipes are great, even if you have smooth and clear skin. If you have wrinkles, acne (scares), dark spots, etc. then the answer to getting rid of them may be right in your kitchen's cabinet. There are some facial masks that are supposed to help clear your skin and make it smooth and healthy and younger looking.

The main ingredients that you can use include baking soda, honey, turmeric powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, lemon juice (freshly squeezed), aloe vera, apple cider vinegar, witch hazel. Of course you don't mix all of these together, that may not be good. But, you can take a few and create a face mask. I will share a few recipes that you can try.
TIP: When picking out honey, people and other tests recommend raw honey. 

Honey and Turmeric
There are a few different masks that you can use with turmeric and/or honey. For one mask, you can mix 1 teaspoon of turmeric and 3 teaspoons of honey. (or 1 tablespoon of each) and then apply to affected areas, or all over your face. And then let it sit for 20-30 minutes and wash off. Just a little warning, the turmeric will stain any wash cloth that you use, and it may even stain your face. But, it isn't going to be permanent so don't worry. After you wash it off, pat dry, and then you can apply any moisturizer that you would like.

Along with honey, you can also mix lemon juice with turmeric. Mix 1 tablespoon of each. Apply to affected area and then wash off with cold water, pay dry, and then moisturize.

TIP: If you are only planning on using this one time or not as often, or only use it on a couple spots, cut the recipe in half so it does not use as much ingredients. For example, instead of using 1 tablespoon, using half a tablespoon which is 1 1/2 teaspoons. Or, just use a teaspoon to make even less so you are not wasting ingredients. Smile

Apple Cider Vinegar (As a toner)
Need: 2 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar, 2 cups water, 1 TBSP Alo Vera Gel, Spray Bottle
You mix all these ingredients in a spray bottle and then spray it all over your face. Let it sit for about 1 or 2 minutes and then rinse it off and pat your face dry. You can repeat this for 1 to 2 days if you need to.

Apple Cider Vinegar with Baking Soda
Mix together 2 TBSP ACV (organic) and 3 TBSP Baking soda. Apply to your face and leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then wash it off. Then you can use a moisturizer.

As a side note, baking soda can damage your skin. So, if you tend to have sensitive skin, please do a patch test first. And then proceed to use it if no irritation or redness occurs.

Honey and Cinnamon face mask
Mix 3 TBSP Organic honey with 1 TBSP Cinnamon Powder. Apply to your face and leave on for about 10 minutes and then wash off and pat your face dry and moisturize if desired.

There is also a special drink that you can use that is supposed to help with acne, and clear sinuses. Mix 1 TBSP organic honey with a pinch of cinnamon and a glass of lukewarm water. And then, of course, you drink it.

As for the apple cider or Witch Hazel, you can just use them by themself. Perhaps leave ACV on for about 10 minutes and then wash off. As for witch hazel, you can leave that on for as long as you'd like.

There are tons of different masks that you can try with several ingredients that can help give you clear skin. I am currently trying some myself and I am pretty sure that I have sensitive skin. So, i try to use some natural products when possible. I recently tried out the honey and cinnamon mask and it made my hands feel super soft, along with my face because honey is a natural moisturizer and it has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial healing properties. Even if you aren't dealing with acne, these face masks can still make your skin glow and feel really soft. Most product you can use daily or every other day, some I would recommend that you do twice a week. I would also recommend that you moisturize after each face mask. Moisturizing will keep your face hydrated and it will help keep doing the oiliness of your skin throughout the day. I would also recommend, perhaps, washing your face before each mask. That way you can get all the oil and dirt off first, and then you can jump to natural products and then hydrating your skin with your favorite moisturizer. I hope these tips help. Smile 

As a side note, there may be some negative talk about some of these ingredients. Don't listen to them. All these products are mainly natural. So, there are no harmful impacts other than a bit of irritation if you have really sensitive skin.

Here are some benefits for some of the ingredients --> 
Turmeric: reduces some cancers (skin cancer), antibacterial, sooth skin, reduces irritation, anti-oxident, repairs damaged skin, aids against some diseases, aids with stretch marks, wrinkles, dry skin, dandruff, cracked hands, and gives you younger looking skin.
Honey: Anti-inflammatory, Anti-toxident, absorbs water and releases hydrogen peroxide (kills bacteria), anti-bacterial, hydrates your skin by locking in moisture.
Aloe Vera: anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory, eliminates excess oil, growth of new cells.

All the other ingredients all have some kind of anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory healing properties in it that help keep your skin clean, clear, and healthy. 

Subject to edits by the author Smile
Astral

Astral
Administrator

Female

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum